Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Optima Test Run

 Testing Optima on 1/10 GP foam tires, Team Power electronics - Radon ESC and 21.5T brushless motor. Haven't painted the body shell yet. 


I have missed the Optima in 80s, never run Optima in my life. In the first 2 mins of run, I was amazed by its handling, understand it is a re release with hopups (chassis / upper deck / universal joints / belt drive ... etc) but still design was from 80s ! Next is that I found smoke coming from the motor. The stock gear ratio is 9.24 and it seems overkill for 21.5T with smaller diameter of tires. 

End up I can only run a few 2mins to fulfill what I have missed in last 35 years. 

Went home with a happy mind and changed the pinion from 25T to 31T. Seems to be the max I can use with the stock 61T spur. There are optional 51T spur, ordered a few and on its way. 



No comments: