Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Monday, July 18, 2022

1/35 Knight #1

I am 6 years late to find out what is Industria Mechanika and its resin product. When I tried to look around and search for 1/35 Michael Herm's Knight, the original cast are sold out and the production has stopped and IM change to sell 3D print models instead. 

Well, there is no other choice left and I went to the "place" to find a re-cast product. 

Even re-cast, there are limited choice too. I would go for the original product if I can. 

This blog is NOT about comparing the cast vs re-cast, or complaining how bad the re-cast are. 


First trial build the cockpit :

Fitting seems ok by itself, however, I have problem fitting it into the upper main body, partially due to the main body left and right side are a bit bend, and partially due to the fact that I just want to get this done instead of get it super details :)

I washed the left and right part and took them for a hot bath to slowly adjust their form. 

Before :


Yes, there is a damage in the kit - should be an easy fix, but leave it to later part.

After hot bath and use of eProxy glue and instance glue :

Also removed some material from the cockpit cover and reduced the gap between the cover and the main body.


No comments: