Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Airfix 1/72 A-4B/Q #10

Preparing a few small parts for paint shop


And there was an accident (possibly 2nd time for this kit) when I cut off long and thin part which has two gates connecting to the tree - tailhook in this case, the part was broken into half when cut off the first gate. It could be due to the material, or the tension somehow being built into the tree / parts during injection process. I am not expert here, just blame guess. 

Technically, there is a solution for it, and I have tried and it work well : first, cut off the portion of the tree holding the part, and then use two nippers to hold the two gates, finally, cut them off at same time !

Anyway, for the tailhook, I decide not to glue the broken pieces together. I use 0.3mm copper wire to create it.



No comments: