Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Sunday, October 26, 2008

TA05R -> IFS






After "talking about" the plan for few months and finally I got sometime to convert my Ta05R to IFS, just change to the inboard suspension system in the front without changing the internal transmission and suspension ... a simple way to convert to IFS. Also change to the graphite composite tube chassis at the same time.
Test run on the past Sat with Lipo and Yokomo ST - my last 23T in the inventory.
Overall steering is a lot better than the original TA05R - the time/money for conversion is not wasted ! However, I loose out to couple of racers running Brushless 10.5R - not lost in long straight but the in-fields. I found that my Keyence ESC might not be setup correctly and will adjust the setting and try again next week. The final gear ratio is about 5.44 with Yokomo ST - can last for 2 runs (8 mins each) before comm service.

No comments: