Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Test run E4




I was running my Cyclone SE for most of the time in 2008 and finally sold it away. Need something new to balance my mind ;)
I picked up the E4 (the most original version) as the quality of the material, packaging and instruction manual are top of the line !
I tested run the car yesterday with SHO4200EU 5cell packs and Novak GTB 4.5R (the combination used to be on my Tamiya 415MSX), with the good looking Team Atlas EB110 R2 body shell (it is not cheap as a body shell).
Result was great - so far I only made a few changes to the setup :
(1) Use Tamiya white spring in front and blue spring in rear
(2) -1 degree camber all around
(3) 1mm shim between the wheel hex and the rims
(4) flat the rear camber link (remove the 2mm spacers in the rear bearing hub)
(5) 5cell pack towards front of the battery slot
The chassis is responsive and I will spend more time with E4 from now.

No comments: