Skip to journal

Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Practising at BK track in Singapore over the past weekend

Visited BK track on both Sat and Sun - it is not usual for me to have RC on both day during weekend. Weather was nice on both day, after rain, a bit cooler on the track surface which is great for both the driver and the electronics.

Was running a mid age car - YM34 Type Si, by Team Atlas. Already forget when this car being released, at least 4 years from now. Did not run it a lot in the past few years until I digged it out again and run 5cell mod lately.

The car is equipped with old but reliable ESC - LRP 7.1 ! Yes, the one with large footprint but proven to be a bull - can work with almost any low turn modified motor, take any abuse, under super hot weather ... and yet, still powerful. I used to run 6cell on this car with a Checkpoint 8x2 motor - but found it too fast for me to control, so I downgrade 1 cell to make its speed more acceptable and most importantly, make the chassis more balance and lighter overall.

The chassis weight around 1460g fully loaded, gear at 1:8.09. I managed to run 18 packs of battery over the weekend. I might try to run 1:7.85 next time.

See the little cooling fan I installed for the motor end bell ? It keeps the motor +/- terminals from overheating.

No comments: