Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Practising at BK track in Singapore over the past weekend

Visited BK track on both Sat and Sun - it is not usual for me to have RC on both day during weekend. Weather was nice on both day, after rain, a bit cooler on the track surface which is great for both the driver and the electronics.

Was running a mid age car - YM34 Type Si, by Team Atlas. Already forget when this car being released, at least 4 years from now. Did not run it a lot in the past few years until I digged it out again and run 5cell mod lately.

The car is equipped with old but reliable ESC - LRP 7.1 ! Yes, the one with large footprint but proven to be a bull - can work with almost any low turn modified motor, take any abuse, under super hot weather ... and yet, still powerful. I used to run 6cell on this car with a Checkpoint 8x2 motor - but found it too fast for me to control, so I downgrade 1 cell to make its speed more acceptable and most importantly, make the chassis more balance and lighter overall.

The chassis weight around 1460g fully loaded, gear at 1:8.09. I managed to run 18 packs of battery over the weekend. I might try to run 1:7.85 next time.

See the little cooling fan I installed for the motor end bell ? It keeps the motor +/- terminals from overheating.

No comments: