Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Sunday, September 16, 2007

First trial - 6x1 motor on 5cell platform

After a few weeks of fun, my Checkpoint 8x2 comm was down to 7mm and it was time to say "goodbye". In average, I cut comm after ~5 packs of runs, and changed to new brushes after 25-30 packs. I ran the 8x2 comm for about 50-60 packs in the past couple of months.

I have an old Team Br00d 6x1 comm which is around 7.1mm in comm diameter. I replaced it into the 8x2 Checkpoint can, adjusted a bit on the timming to make it around 11amp @2v. Sounded good and powerful !

Changed the final gear ratio on YM34 Si to be around 1:9, tested for another 3 packs before the end of the day on Sat.

With the existing old IB4200 WC battery packs, 8x2 motor can last for about 6-6.5 mins in run time, the 6x1 motor can barely make 5mins !!

During the last pack, I made some mistake and one of the 5cell pack has dropped out from the chassis. Spent sometime on Sunday evening to shrink-wrap the individual cells and re-connect the whole battery pack.

Finally, the new brushes for new Yokomo end bell has arrived the local shop - got a few packs on hand in case I am going to run 6cell stock anytime soon ;)

No comments: