Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Monday, September 24, 2007

Some modification on YM34 Type Si

After another week of work, I could go to the RC track to enjoy a Sat afternoon, followed by a enjoyable "movie under stars" program. Weekend is always great.
There was new look on my YM34 Type Si over the past weekend. I made a few modification -
(1) changed to Checkpoint 6x1 motor comm instead of the team Br00d 6x1 comm which is under 7mm in diameter
(2) changed to 48pitch spur and pinion (22/86T)
(3) more importantly, make the upper camber link longer for both front end rear suspension
(4) insert 1mm shim in front and rear wheel hex to widen the track-width
(5) adjust the shims of the front steering arm to make 2mm shim above and 2mm shim below
Chassis is now more stable - a bit too stable and I will have to find more steering in its next track visit.
However, I decided to go for YM34 Type Si2 in my next visit and put my Type Si to rest for a while.
Here I would like to share some pics of my Type Si after the recent modification.


No comments: