Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Friday, January 14, 2022

Hotshot run again, after 37 years

This is not the original 1985 production, which I had one in the past, it was yellow in color, AM radio ... it ended up in the sea of HK. My bad.


After all these years, I wanted one back. It was a re release production like 10 years ago, I built it slowly, very slowly. During the build, I "found" it has a lot of flaws, bad steering system design, bad servo horn, very sort front suspension and much harder (and cannot go to the bottom) suspension in the rear, electronics compartment is way to small for brushless system .... etc. I thought i would not have it on the ground again. 

But then, I was wrong. 

I equipped it with a Novak GTX ESC, use the original stock RS540SH silver can, forget which gear ratio I used, a low end servo (like 10kg 0.3sec type) and a Spektrum radio .... body shell not even painted. The moment I put it on the ground, I know, I was wrong about it.  



I brought an Optima as a backup car for the test run. 


End up, I use all the batt I brought on the Hotshot and let the Optima rest. 

It is raw, it is unlike today buggy, but you don't and won't have problem with it when you run it. It is how a 80's Tamiya design should be. 

Glad to have it, built it and will continue to run it. 


No comments: