Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Thursday, September 7, 2023

1/35 Knight #2

My first resin kit - obviously slow progress, partially due to give-way to other projects in past 15 months, but also the learning and reading of how to handle resin model.

Work has not really stop, just slow, very slow progress over filling, sanding, priming surface and loop.

At the point when I satisfied with the result, I tried to fit the front cover and sensor on the nose area.

Bad thing happened ...

The already gap-filled, seamless front top of the machine split up.
And it is too obviously that it was my fault - I did not test fit this part to the main body and handle them from beginning.
Add some 1mm plastic sheet to fill that, and at the same time also add some 0.5mm plastic card on the rear of the body where the original resin part broken since I received the kit.


Applied some UV putty on both area, and another round of sanding, filling ... loop
While I am almost there, it is time to add the extra part onto the body, clean up the gates and test fit.





No comments: