I have setup the ARC A10 23’ for 17.5T blinky mode. Since local track re open in end June I have been trying to dial in the car to run on the new flat surface.
I used a HobbyWing JustStock 17.5T 4pole motor, and gear at 3.23.
First pack I can run relatively consistently in range of 20.x sec per lap, for 8 mins.While a local racer said that same 17.5T motor he can make 19.x sec lap !
A quick suggestion from him after looking at my car, cut away the material from the front and side bodyshell to reduce drag.
I tested it as told.
Here is what I have done and also sit the front bodyshell lower by one hole on the body post.
2nd and 3rd pack result :
Bingo !
The car is more willing to turn and best laptime improve by 0.6 sec
The chassis is a bit more “alive” and I cannot yield the same consistency. Laps are ranging from 19.x to 21.x sec. That said, the mod does improve the laptime but it also make the car more active. I will need to adjust other area to improve consistency.



No comments:
Post a Comment