Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Egress Vintage Restoration #3

Been a while since last touch of this restoration. 

More static modelling lately rather than the lovely RC. Actually I did a few test run with the Egress and broke its front gear box, have to complete rebuild the front transmission and suspension with re-release parts. 

Here we have it again, pending body shell painting and ESC re-programming to disable all unwanted boost and turbo. 


Unlike other restoration projects, I aim to make this car run, instead of being a shelf queen, hence I did not bother to polish the old parts. I focus on its functional - gear ratio for brushless motor output, replaced old plastic if they became brittle ... however, for those old parts which are still in function, I decided to keep them as-is. I am hence driving an old Egress (chassis, most of the transmission gears, dog-bones, wheel adaptors, real wing, under-tray ....) with some re release parts (steering arms, bearing hubs, a-arms .... ). 

No comments: