Mclaren M23 WIP

Mclaren M23 WIP

Monday, June 6, 2022

Hexa Gear 1/24 Governor Warmage Hetzer #3

Completed the base build together with sanding down seam lines. 
Decided to change color, and since it is mostly ABS plastic, applied a layer of the multi primer (for rubber) followed by GSI #1200 surfacer. The multi primer instruction mentioned that I have to cover it with a color (I used 1200 surfacer) within 5-7 mins, I guess it is due to the nature of its stickiness. First time I used surface primer for rubber. 

And yes, there is one part in the face together with the eye piece which I did not bother to paint, just leave it as its original form. 

But ....


Since I did not applied the multi primer twice - where should be applied in all the joints of legs and hands. And I did apply GSI color on the joints TWICE. Joints of one hand and one leg broke or cracked or melted, whatever it was.


Lesson learnt. And will pay more attention next time with ABS & PP material. 

I will apply glue to fix these joints, and hence the pose will be "fixed" too. 
Some touch up later. 


No comments: